There’s an adage that goes: Garbage in, Garbage out.

Nothing could be more true when it comes to any facet of life. The quality of any effort will give you equal quality of result. Half-ass something, and well, you get half of the intended outcome. Eat crappy foods, and well, you get the picture.

The body responds to, or rather fails to respond, to our daily endeavours if you fuel it poorly. 

We say our product is designed to fuel your body and mind for the day, and here’s how that happens:

We require protein to either repair or replace each and every cell in our body. Collagen is the most abundant source of protein in our entire body, and is a building block for skin, hair, muscles, tendons, ligaments, digestive tract, and bones. Therefore, we need collagen protein to support our collagen requirements. 

Marine collagen is the most bioavailable collagen, meaning your body can absorb and utilize marine collagen the best amongst any other type of collagen. This ensures optimal results - or best bang for your buck - so to speak.

Our Marine Collagen is a sustainable and clean source of your collagen needs. The fish used are wild caught North Atlantic species such as haddock, pollock, and cod. The collagen is a byproduct of production and means there is no additional fishing required nor any materials wasted. The collagen does not have stabilizers, additives, or preservatives. It is a clean source of protein. 

In addition to repairing or replacing cells, our body needs energy to function properly. All cells in our body use a molecule called ATP (adenosine triphosphate) for energy. Think of ATP as a gift box received from your blood to your cells’ door. Once your cells receive this box, they bring it inside and open for energy!

Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) are fatty acids which bypass the full digestive system and are synthesized by the liver and sent into the bloodstream, quickly and efficiently. At a very generalized level, this synthesis converts the MCTs into ATP, and therefore quick energy for your cells to use. Your brain and body have an instant source of energy to keep your mind focused, and body moving for the day.

The two most easily used MCTs, C8 and C10, make up 70% of our MCT Oil powder. The other 30% is a carrier of the oil and is called acacia fiber. Acacia fiber is a prebiotic which can support gut health. Energy and gut support in one marvelous powder, oh my! 

But what does this really look like?! 

The day starts and you're making things happen so you can get to work… on-time. 

But first, coffee! 

Coffee, namely the caffeine in coffee, is a great stimulant to get you ready for your day. However; many people, and even our co-founders will admit, use coffee as a conduit to ingest vices like sugar, cream, different flavour shots, etc. 

You get to the kitchen and brew up your favourite morning hug. As the coffee drips into the carafe and fills the room with the inviting and comforting aroma we all know so well, you reach for your favourite mug and place it next to the coffee maker. Instead of reaching for a dairy creamer, you reach for our Sun Under the Sea’s non-dairy creamer blend.

First, you open the beautiful bag you have come to love, and add two scoops of the powder into the empty dry cup. When the coffee is ready, slowly pour the coffee into the cup and watch as the coffee blends with the powder. Take 5 deep breaths and patiently let the non-creamer disperse into the coffee, you’ll no doubt notice a few lingering white specs, so gently spoon the coffee to further mix this match made in heaven. Take time to notice the smell of the coffee, the warmth of the mug in your hand; and know as you sip away you’re fueling your mind and body with the protein and energy they both need.